ADDITIONAL PRACTICE PROBLEMS
1. Find the equation of the curve that is the locus of all points equidistant from the point (-3,-4) and the line 6x - 8y = -2.
2. Find the coordinates of the center and the radius of a circle for the equation x2 + y2 - 10x = - 9.
3. Find the equation of the circle that passes through points ( - 4,3), (0, - 5), and (3, - 4).
4. Give the equation; the length of a; and the length of the focal chord for the parabola, which is the locus of all points equidistant from the point (0, - 23/4) and the line y = 23/4.
5. Reduce the equation 3x2 - 30x + 24y + 99 = 0 to a parabola in standard form.
6. Find the equation of the ellipse with its center at the origin, semimajor axis of length 14, and directrices y = 28.
7. Reduce the equation 4x2 + y2 - 16x - 16y = 64 to an ellipse in standard form.
8. Find the equation of the hyperbola with asymptotes at y = (4/3)x and vertices at ( 6,0).
9. Find the foci, directrices, eccentricity, equations of the asymptotes, and length of the focal chord of the hyperbola
10. Change the equation x2 + 2x + y2 = 0 from rectangular to polar coordinates.
11. Change the equation to an equation in rectangular coordinates.
ANSWERS TO ADDITIONAL PRACTICE PROBLEMS